Financial Management for Nurse Managers and Executives, 4th Edition
Financial Management for Nurse Managers is a text designed for financial management courses in graduate level nursing programs and for practicing nurses or nurse entrepreneurs who are seeking a better understanding of financial management. It covers financial topics all nurse managers need to know and use in their roles as managers.Table of Contents
- Pedagogical aids include chapter goals and an introduction to begin each chapter and concludes with implications for the nurse manager and key concepts for review to reinforce what was learned.
- Key Concepts include terms discussed throughout each chapter with their definitions. These terms are also included in the comprehensive glossary offered Online in the Student Resources.
- Two chapter ending appendixes that offer additional samples to help reinforce content covered within the chapter.
New to This Edition
- Four new chapters - Quality, Costs and Financing; Revenue Budgeting; Variance Analysis: Examples, Extensions, and Caveats, Benchmarking, Productivity, and Cost-Benefit and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis.
- Includes new information on the new Medicare prescription bill and what it means for healthcare providers, managers and executives.
- Contains additional information on the role transition of nurses from the bedside or staff nurse role, to nurse manager and nurse executive.
- Adds practice problems in various chapters with answers available in the online instructors resource .
- Updates information on current nursing workforce issues and recurring nursing shortages.
- Updates information which focuses on health financing/computing and the necessity of computers in budgeting and finance.