Skeletal Trauma 2-Volume Set and Green: Skeletal Trauma in Children, 4th Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Obtain the best outcomes from the latest techniques with help from a "who's who" of orthopaedic trauma experts! In print and online, you'll find the in-depth knowledge you need to manage any type of traumatic injury in both adults and children. Major updates keep you up to speed on current trends such as the management of osteoporotic and fragility fractures, locked plating technology, post-traumatic reconstruction, biology of fracture repair, biomechanics of fractures and fixation, disaster management, occupational hazards of radiation and blood-borne infection, effective use of orthotics, and more. A DVD of operative video clips shows you how to perform 25 key procedures step by step. A new, full-color page layout makes it easier to locate the answers you need quickly. And now, for the first time, you can access the complete contents online, for enhanced ease and speed of reference!Table of Contents
- Two volumes on adult trauma deliver complete, absolutely current coverage of relevant anatomy and biomechanics, mechanisms of injury, diagnostic approaches, treatment options, and associated complications, equipping you to confidently approach every form of adult traumatic injury.
- A third volume on pediatric trauma, edited by Drs. Green and Swiontkowski, covers all types of traumatic musculoskeletal injuries in children and adolescents with expert, up-to the-minute discussions of growth and development, pathology, epidemiology, biomechanics, operative management, complications, child abuse, sports medicine, and more.
New to This Edition
- Enhanced and updated coverage keeps you current on the latest knowledge, procedures, and trends - including post-traumatic reconstruction, management of osteoporotic and fragility fractures, locked plating systems, mini incision techniques, biology of fracture repair, biomechanics of fractures and fixation, disaster management, occupational hazards of radiation and blood-borne infection, effective use of orthotics, and much more.
- More than six hours of operative videos on DVD demonstrate 25 of the very latest and most challenging techniques in real time, including minimally invasive vertebral disc resection, vertebroplasty, and lumbar decompression and stabilization.
- Online access allows you to rapidly search the complete contents from any computer.
- New editor Christian Kretek contributes additional international expertise to further enhance the already exceptional editorial lineup.
- An all-new, more user-friendly full-color text design enables you to find answers more quickly, and more efficiently review the key steps of each operative technique.
- More than 2,400 high-quality line drawings, diagnostic images, and full-color clinical photos show you exactly what to look for and how to proceed.