Coder's Resource Handbook
Delivery can take up to ten days
This portable, spiral-bound reference may be used with any coding textbook in a medical insurance, billing, and coding program. It’s also a handy reference for practicing coders who need quick access to common information or a quick brush-up on common coding rules, terminology, abbreviations, and acronyms. Easy to carry and refer to, this book eliminates the need to rely on bulky reference books for the commonly used codes.
- Provides quick reference tools to commonly needed information in one succinct guide for ease and efficiency.
- Includes lists of common abbreviations and acronyms used most often in coding for review —for medical records, physician notes, etc.
- Contains A&P review with anatomical charts to assist in understanding the diagnoses given and the procedures performed.
- Lists common ICD-9-CM and CPT codes by specialty and type to assist in accurate coding.
- Includes illustrations of common source documents such as encounter forms, operative reports and ancillary reports, with quick tips on abstracting key elements needed for accurate coding.
- Provides auditing tools in the form of check-off sheets for data entry review, claims review and patient chart review.