Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Preventive Medicine, 3rd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
Succinct yet thorough, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Preventive Medicine, 3rd Edition brings you today’s best knowledge on epidemiology, biostatistics, preventive medicine, and public health—in one convenient source. You’ll find the latest on healthcare policy and financing • infectious diseases • chronic disease • and disease prevention technology. This text also serves as an outstanding resource for preparing for the USMLE, and the American Board of Preventive Medicine recommends it as a top review source for its core specialty examination.New Edition Coming Soon! Table of Contents
- Discusses the financial concerns and the use and limitations of screening in the prevention of symptomatic disease.
- Emphasizes the application of epidemiologic and biostatistical concepts to everyday clinical problem solving and decision making.
- Showcases important concepts and calculations inside quick-reference boxes.
- Presents abundant illustrations and well-organized tables to clarify and summarize complex concepts.
- Includes 350 USMLE-style questions and answers, complete with detailed explanations about why various choices are correct or incorrect.
- This book comes with STUDENT CONSULT at no extra charge! Register at www.studentconsult.com today…so you can learn and study more powerfully than ever before!
- Access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go…perform quick searches…and add your own notes and bookmarks.
- Follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles—to help you see the connections between diverse disciplines.
- Reference all other STUDENT CONSULT titles you own online, too—all in one place!
- Look for the STUDENT CONSULT logo on your favorite Elsevier textbooks!
New to This Edition
- Includes the latest information on Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) • SARS • avian form of H5N1 influenza • the obesity epidemic • and more.