Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, 2nd Edition
Delivery can take up to ten days
Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology is a study and review aid that provides students with additional information on this extensive and especially difficult subject area. This guide offers a visual, interactive approach that clearly explains topics such as drug pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics, and pharmacokinetics. Visual cues help the student retain the information by expressing the material in a fun, engaging manner with activities created to appeal to students of different learning styles. NCLEX® Review questions follow the end of each chapter to help check the students’ understanding of key topics and to perform necessary review.View other titles in the “Saunders Nursing Survival Guide” Series
- Take Home Points highlight the most important points to study or use in the clinical atmosphere.
- Caution notes alert readers to urgent information about dangerous conditions and how to avoid them.
- Lifespan notes point out age-related variations in signs and symptoms, nursing interventions, and patient teaching.
- Culture notes clue readers in to possible variations related to a patient’s cultural background.
- Web Links instruct readers to head to the Internet for additional resources.
New to This Edition
- New introductory chapter highlights information on Drug Concepts pertinent to the study of Pharmacology.
- New chapter on drugs used to treat neuropsychiatic disorders. The most important drugs are covered, including anxiolytics/sedative-hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood stabilizers.
- New information on anti-migraine medications enables students with a better understanding of pain relief for patients.
- Revised cardiovascular section presents the material in a more streamlined approach.
- Revised NCLEX® questions include the new alternate item format questions, as well as 80 new questions.
- “What You WILL LEARN” familiarizes students with clear chapter objectives for their course of study.
- “Tell Us What YOU Think” page tells each student about the Saunders Nursing Survival Guide survey site where their feedback is gathered so that each revision can be better suited to their nursing needs.