Textbook of Remedial Massage
Delivery can take up to ten days
A comprehensive, practical book for students and practitioners of remedial massage.
Textbook of Remedial Massage comprises three sections. The first section reframes assessment of remedial massage clients to align with current research. The second section provides clear and comprehensive instruction in commonly used and highly valued remedial massage techniques (e.g. trigger points, CRAC stretching, myofascial release, etc), and is accompanied by illustrations and photographs. The exposition of each practical technique is accompanied by a rationale based on physiological principles and current supporting evidence for its efficacy.
Crucially, contraindications and precautions are explained for each technique. The final section of the book applies remedial massage techniques to regions of the body (lumbar, cervical, thoracics, head, face, chest and pelvis). Acknowledging that remedial massage therapists are often primary contact practitioners the book gives readers essential information for assessing the suitability of clients for remedial massage, and the essential knowledge for adapting techniques to individual clients.
- Detailed assessment technique
- Evidence-based approach
- Includes techniques integral to the HLT07 Diploma of massage - all essential skills and knowledge for the competencies of the units in the training package.
- Anatomy described in functional terms
- Accompanying DVD with videos of content covered in book. DVD content is divided up into assessment and treatment techniques.
- An accompanying Evolve site features PowerPoint slides on massage techniques
By Sandra Grace PhD, MSc, Grad Cert Sports Chiro, Cert Clinical Chiro Paediatrics, Dip Acup, DBM, DO, DC, Dip Ed, BA. Senior Lecturer in Osteopathic Medicine, Southern Cross University, Adjunct Research Associate, The Education for Practice Institute, Charles Sturt University and Mark Deal BSc, DC, DO, Dip Ed (Technical Chiropractor, Osteopath, Acupuncturist and Educator, Independent Contractor to Noosa Parade Medical CentreBack To Top