Toxicology Handbook , 2nd Edition
|e-book - ePub|
|e-book - PDF|
The first edition of the Toxicology Handbook provided the platform for an alternative approach to risk management and risk stratification in evaluating and treating patients with toxicological syndromes. It is written and edited by 7 of the 16 clinical toxicologists working in Australasia.
The authors have had excellent feedback from the first edition and have taken on board suggestions from reviewers, clinicians and readers to make enhancements for the second edition.
The Toxicology Handbook provides a standardised clinically based approach to management of all toxicological presentations . The following enhancements are proposed for the new edition.
New to This Edition
- all chapters and references reviewed and updated; major review of snake bite management and snake antivenoms in the light of new evidence
- new chapters on mushroom poisoning, plant poisoning, amphetamine abuse and solvent abuse
- new chapters on poisoning with newer anticonvulsant drugs, barbiturates, button batteries, chloral hydrate, local anaesthetic agents, quinine and tramadol
- new antidote chapter on intravenous lipid emulsion
- chapters reorganised for enhanced clinical usability - for example, consolidation of drugs of abuse
enhanced electronic format