Contact Lens Complications, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Contact Lens Complications has become established as the definitive guide to the ocular response to contact lens wear. In this highly anticipated third edition, award-winning contact lens author, clinician and researcher, Professor Nathan Efron, presents a thoroughly revised and expanded, clinician-friendly account of how to identify, understand and manage contact lens complications in modern-day practice. Professor Efron is renowned for his ability to distil often complex principles of ocular physiology and pathology into an easy-to-read, highly structured format. The subject matter is systematically laid out, with various complications arranged logically by tissue structure - which is the way practitioners naturally approach clinical problems. Beautifully presented and lavishly illustrated with full-colour schematic diagrams and clinical pictures, this book can serve as both a practical chair-side manual and authoritative reference.
All of the material is organised by the way you see it in the clinic - by slit-lamp appearance and tissue pathologies. As such, this book will be invaluable to all contact lens practitioners and students.Table of Contents
- Thoroughly revised, capturing the latest advances and concepts in contact lens related ocular pathology.
- Updated ‘complications quick-find index’ at the beginning of the book, constituting a valuable practitioner aid to formulating a rapid diagnosis and treatment plan, and serving students as a useful examination study aid.
- 350 new references (now over 1,250 in total) as the basis of a thorough evidence-based approach.
- 80 superb new illustrations (now 480 in total) to assist instant recognition of clinical signs.
- Grading scales for 16 contact lens complications, making this the most comprehensive and widely-used grading system available today.
- Pictorial tear film classification system.
New to This Edition
- Incorporates findings from the Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS), the International Workshop on Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.
- New approach to considering corneal inflammatory events and microbial keratitis.
- Expanded chapter reviewing instrumentation and techniques for anterior eye examination.
- Redesigned grading morphs computer programme available online as a computer-based aid to assessing condition severity.
- Enhanced self-help grading tutor computer programme also available online to help hone your grading skills.
"Armed with Efron’s Contact Lens Complications, practitioners will be well prepared to help contact lens patients with successful lens wear. Every contact lens practice needs access to this book." Clinical and Experimental Optometry 96.3 May 2013
"It is truly a companion to the Efron Grading Scales. It is a book that will be often used, and the comprehensive cited reference section is invaluable and will satisfy any curious mind. Overall, the book is a nice addition as a clinical reference in contact lenses and their related ocular pathologies." Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 90, No. 3, March 2013
"In summary, this latest third edition has been completely updated and revised to reflect the most current knowledge, research findings, technological developments, and updates in the contact lens field. Its easy-to-use design and systematic approach provide instant access to information that is ideal for use in a busy clinic or for exam revision." Optician, Dec 2012
"…we now have the whole edition available online via ExpertConsult.com. One simply visits the website, types in the activation code and hey presto you can access every page, image and more. The morphs are available for online viewing (or download) as is a grading tutor, which I found very useful…. The good news is that this 3rd edition contains around 60% more pages but costs around 40% less than the 2nd edition. It’s a no brainer really." New Zealand Optics, Sept 2012Back To Top