Clinical Surgery, 3rd Edition
With Student Consult Access
|e-book - ePub|
|e-book - PDF|
The previous edition won first Prize (Surgery category) at the BMA Awards 2005. The judges' comment:
'A comprehensive and attractively presented 4-colour textbook of surgery aimed primarily at medical students but also of use to junior doctors and surgical technicians. The book has two key features: firstly, it provides students with coverage of every aspect of surgery; secondly, it has been designed and written to be the 'surgical companion' to Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine. This new edition will also offer an online version to all purchasers of the book - the first surgical textbook in the UK to make an electronic version available.'Table of Contents
- A comprehensive account of surgery - students only need to buy one text
- Covers general issues such as wound healing and pain control in the first section. By grouping these issues into one section at the beginning, students are immediately given an overview of what makes surgery different
- A regional approach is adopted for the largest section - section 2 - this reflects the way in which surgeons talk about surgery to each other
- The third section covers surgical specialities - paediatrics, endocrinology, urology - and also includes specialities such as ophthalmology, ENT and orthopaedics. These are often omitted from competing books to save space
- The logical arrangement of the three sections makes the book easy to use and refer to in clinical practice
- The arrangement of contents is straightforward and easily understood
- Text boxes are used throughout to highlight and isolate important information
- Includes over 350 four-colour images and line drawings original to this book and greatly praised by students
- Also includes over 100 black and white and approximately 50 full-colour clinical photographs, X-rays and scans
- Designed to complement Kumar and Clark's highly successful Clinical Medicine textbook so that students can have 'matching' texts in these complementary areas
- Written by an expert team of contributors
- Access to the complete text and illustrations of this book.
- Integration links to bonus content in other Elsevier online titles.
- Content clipping for your handheld.
- An interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources.
- The more Elsevier titles you buy, the more resources you can access online!
Your purchase of this book entitles you to online access to the text at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you...
New to This Edition
- New edition of a prize-winning textbook.
- Completely revised throughout to reflect recent changes in surgical practice.
- New chapter on bariatric surgery for the treatment of morbidly obese patients.
- Covers the increasing use of minimally invasive surgical techniques, including robotic surgery.
- Emphasises the increasing impact of multimodality therapy, in particular for the treatment of cancer.
- Covers improvements in imaging technology and impact on surgical decision making.
Back To Top