Clinical Cases and OSCEs in Surgery, 2nd Edition
* 2011 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended in Surgery *
This book of over 140 cases is designed for candidates preparing for all surgical examinations, whether at undergraduate, postgraduate or exit examination level. It will demystify and simplify the clinical assessment of surgical cases and provides invaluable advice on how to achieve success. The text includes top tips, acronyms and up-to-date summaries of current practice based on the authors’ personal experience of surgical examinations.Table of Contents View other titles in the “MRCS Study Guides” Series
Key Features• All the cases are graded in terms of likely appearance in examinations
• The cases are organised in clusters that reflect the historical organization of surgical examinations
• There is a recognition that commoner cases appear much more frequently than rare cases
• Top tips are included to emphasize specific subjects which can cause confusion
• Questions and advanced questions are designed to fit in with both short case and OSCE formats.
• Examples are included of the common procedures and props that come up in the skill-based examination format.Back To Top
New to This Edition
- This fully revised Second Edition is now in colour and includes photographs of key manoeuvres performed during specific surgical examination routines
- Includes a new section on communication skills
- A new co-author in academic surgery joins the project.