Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine, 8th Edition
|e-book - ePub|
|e-book - PDF|
Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine is known, respected and admired by medical students, doctors and health professionals throughout the world. It provides in one volume a comprehensive and authoritative source of information on the management and treatment of medical problems. Clarity of writing, a hallmark of Kumar and Clark, has been combined with a colourful and attractive presentation and a companion website to produce a complete resource of medical information. Kumar and Clark is now regarded as the one book that every aspiring and qualified doctor should own.
Key online features:
- 30 extra short chapters online, written by members of the International Advisory Board to cover key international issues, such as malaria, envenoming and HIV.
- Animated practical procedures, including lumbar puncture, central venous and bladder catheterization, arterial cannulation etc.
- heart and lung sounds, and
- interactive surface anatomy available online.
- One-year’s online access to the new edition of Goldman’s Cecil Medicine - 2704 more pages of definitive medical reference.
- Full text and downloadable images online through StudentConsult.
- Add your own notes and bookmarks.
- Search across all the StudentConsult resources you own online in one place.
New to This Edition
New to this edition:
- New chapter on palliative medicine.
- Five times the number of margin clinical photos.
- New echocardiography images.
- Double the number of dermatological images; including all the major lesion morphologies covered in a single page.
- 16 new authors.
- New sections on protein synthesis, energy production and stem cells.
- New members of the International Advisory Board from India, South Africa, Poland and the Middle East.
- 7 new online chapters from the International Advisory Board.
‘This is the eighth edition of Kumar and Clark in 15 years, which is a remarkable achievement and testament to the authors’ dedication - the title of Kumar and Clark is now legendary. It is regarded by many as the ‘must have’ textbook for budding and qualified doctors and the ‘gold standard’when compared against competitor textbooks. Previous editions have been applauded for being both comprehensive and student ‘friendly’. Does the latest edition live up to the high expectation?The short answer is yes: this edition includes much that is new including sections on protein synthesis, energy production and stem cells, 16 new contributing authors and a significant increase in online chapters to reflect the interests of the expanded international advisory board. This expansion demonstrates the burgeoning nature of medicine and the challenge to medical students and doctors in training to identify how much and when such knowledge is required."
British Journal of Hospital Medicine, February 2013
"This is one of the best medicine books available for U.K. clinicians with many ideal features appropriate for clinicians worldwide as well."- Vincent Carr, DO, MSA, FACC, FACP (Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences) 5 star Doody Rating!Back To Top