Midwifery Essentials: Antenatal
'Antenatal' is the second title in the Midwifery Essentials series and looks at the provision of safe and effective antenatal care, exploring the role of the midwife in the context of professional and national guidance. This book prepares the reader to provide safe, evidence-based, woman-centred maternity care.Table of Contents View other titles in the “Midwifery Essentials” Series
- Models of care and the range of professionals involved
- The booking history and involving the woman in decisions
- Optimising and monitoring maternal health throughout pregnancy
- Blood tests and antenatal screening for fetal abnormality
- Monitoring the growing fetus
- Facilitating women to prepare for birth.