Essentials of Anaesthetic Equipment, 4th Edition
Prepared by authors based in the UK, this highly practical, illustrated guide continues to provide an up-to-date, practical introduction to anaesthetic equipment and its use in clinical practice. An invaluable resource for all those who work with anaesthetic equipment, including anaesthetists studying for the FRCA examinations, nurses and operating department practitioners, this new edition has been completely updated to reflect current equipment and training requirements. Lavishly illustrated throughout with colour photos and clearly-drawn line illustrations plus fully revised self-assessment sections, Essentials of Anaesthetic Equipment, fourth edition, retains the superbly organized and easy-to-read format that has made previous editions such a success.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Updated text in line with current practice
- New colour images and artwork throughout
- References updated with relevant links to NICE, NSPA and MHRA
- Updated self-assessment sections (in SBA format) to check understanding and aid exam preparation
Reviews of the previous edition:
British Journal of Anaesthesia:
- a valuable source of information for those interested in learning about anaesthetic equipment and how the various types of product operate
- easy to read, clearly laid out, and well illustrated.
- the book covers just about everything you need to know about anaesthetic equipment and there is certainly a need for a book such as this
- attractive, well written and well laid out, and not hugely expensive
- I would recommend it as an excellent starting manual for novice anaesthetists, as well as for trainees preparing for their FRCA examinations
European Journal of Anaesthesiology
- well written with excellent illustrations and high production values
- design is most suitable for those preparing for examinations and for trainers alike
- authors offer a consistent style that minimizes repetition, while highlighting key points
- keeps pace with medical innovation in anaesthesiology and should prove a popular text
Acta Anæsthesiologica Belgica
- a welcome addition to find its way into the broad and often confusing armamentarium of modern anesthesiologists.
- warmly welcomed by trainees and teachers alike as it is easy to read, very well illustrated and as a clear and accurate guide to successful techniques.
BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended
- it’s easy-to-read with clear diagrams and pictures that reinforce the text to great effect