Robboy's Pathology of the Female Reproductive Tract, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult: Online and Print
Here is the newly revised and thoroughly up-dated second edition of the critically acclaimed Pathology of the Female Reproductive Tract. This lavishly illustrated text provides the surgical pathologist with all of the information necessary to effectively diagnose and confidently sign out gynecologic and obstetric reports. Whilst histopathologic features form the cornerstone of the book’s diagnostic approach it also includes data from ancillary techniques such as immunohistochemistry and cytogenetics as well as the relevant clinical manifestations of gynecologic diseases. The book covers the full range of both common and rare benign and malignant lesions, and all entities are accompanied by well chosen photographs of outstanding quality. Wherever possible, the text is supplemented by summary tables, diagnostic flow charts, and analytic tables in order to facilitate rapid interpretation and accurate diagnosis.New Edition Coming Soon!
- Comprehensive coverage of all benign and malignant disorders of the female genital tract.
- Provides a single, functional “one stop” resource for use either in the reporting room or for formal study.
- Over 1,600 high-quality full colour illustrations. Provides the user with a complete visual guide to each tumour or tumour-like lesion and assists in the recognition and diagnosis of any tissue sample under the microscope.
- Incorporates data from ancillary techniques (immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics) whenever appropriate. Provides the pathologist in training and in practice with all of the necessary tools required to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup.
- Extensive use of tables, graphs, flowcharts throughout. Helps simplify complex topics and facilitates rapid decision-making.
- Practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis. Provides expert advice on how to avoid diagnostic errors.
New to This Edition
- Additional use of user-friendly features such as bullet points, diagnostic flowcharts, decision-making algorithms, summary tables, take-home messages. Facilitates information retrieval in the reporting room and in a trainee’s study. Saves the user time and enables more reports to be signed out, topics to be examined.
- Addition of a “road map” at the beginning of each chapter listing the topics that will be covered. Helps the user navigate his/her way through the book and to access the material more quickly and therefore saves valuable time by enabling the user to sign out more reports.
- Latest Classification and Staging systems included for all diseases and disorders of the female genital tract. Helps the pathologist provide the clinician with the most accurate and up-to-date diagnostic and prognostic indicators possible.
- Improved coverage of cytology in the cervical pathology chapters. More cytologic/histologic correlation, additional cytologic images, additional material on cytologic differential diagnosis. The integration of both histology and cytology reflects modern diagnostic practice and mimics the way pathologists actually approach a case in the reporting room.
- Introduction of three new names onto the editorial team. (Drs Mutter, Prat, Bentley) The second edition will benefit from a fresh perspective and will help ensure that the information doesn’t become stale and repetitive.
Published Reviews“It is just right for a busy pathologist swamped in his or her daily practice with tons of surgical material.” – Modern Pathology, review of previous edition
“With its striking use of color and its readability, Pathology of the Female Reproductive Tract has created a new niche. It represents a pleasing and relatively detailed exploration of gynecologic pathology with a wealth of information and illustrations for the resident in gynecology or pathology or for the practicing pathologist who would like diagnostic assistance when next confronted with a problematic gynecologic biopsy or resection specimen.” – NEJM, review of previous editionBack To Top