Fundamentals of Human Nutrition
for Students and Practitioners in the Health Sciences
|e-book - ePub|
|e-book - PDF|
Fundamentals of Human Nutrition is an authoritative overview that will help you understand the complex subject of human nutrition. This book is a digest of material from the highly successful Human Nutrition 11th edition.
‘Fundamentals’ is intended for a wide readership of students and practitioners who need a broad understanding of human nutrition, but for whom an in-depth knowledge is not essential. Students and practitioners of nursing, pharmacy, sports science, dentistry and other allied health professions, as well as the interested lay person, will benefit from its easy-to-follow, concise approach.Table of Contents
- Covers all key aspects of human nutrition
- Up to date with current issues
- Explains the epidemiology of diet and disease
- Considers factors affecting food production, trade and access
- Technical terms explained to help the non-specialist
- Comprehensive glossary aids understanding
- Key points summarise all chapters
"The book does exactly what it says on the cover, explaining the fundamentals of human nutrition to those wanting to understand a complex and ever-developing topic."
Nursing Older People, July 2010
"If you only read one book on nutrition make sure it is this one."
Primary Health Care, July 2010