Gray's Anatomy for Students, 2nd Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
It didn't take long for students around the world to realize that anatomy texts just don't get any better than Gray's Anatomy for Students. Only in its 2nd edition, this already popular, clinically focused reference has moved far ahead of the competition and is highly recommended by anyone who uses it. A team of authors with a wealth of diverse teaching and clinical experience has updated and revised this new edition to efficiently cover what you're learning in contemporary anatomy classes. An improved format, updated clinical material, and remarkable artwork by award-winning illustrators Richard Tibbitts and Paul Richardson make anatomy easier than ever for you to master. Unique coverage of surface anatomy, correlative diagnostic images, and clinical case studies demonstrate practical applications of anatomical concepts. And, an international advisory board, comprised of more than 100 instructors, ensures that the material is accurate, up to date, and easy to use. To further enhance your learning experience, you'll have access to the entire book online, with additional content, interactive exercises, and more. Take your Anatomy learning even further with other members of the Gray's 'family' - Gray's Atlas of Anatomy, Dorland's/Gray's Pocket Atlas of Anatomy, Gray's Dissection Guide for Human Anatomy, and the new edition of Gray's Anatomy for Students Flash CardsNew Edition Coming Soon! View other titles in the “Gray's Anatomy” Series
- Easy to locate body structures and remember them - over 1000 amazingly clear , consistently coloured anatomical features
- Anatomy in the clinic - over 300 clinical photographs, including radiological images showing surface anatomy and common clinical applications of anatomy
- Real-life relevance underscored with clinical cases
- Mirrors how you learn - regional organisation
- Conceptual overviews summarise each body region's component parts, functions, and their relationship to other bodily organs
- Bonus online extras at www.studentconsult.com when you activate your Pin - search contents, download illustrations, use the Interactive Anatomy Tool and do much more
Back To Top
New to This Edition
- The very latest knowledge in the field - clinical material updated and revised
- A rewritten abdomen section provides greater clarity
- Clinical relevance - expanded discussions of cranial nerves
- Now even easier to find information, with a new internal design and an improved index
- More information on the general aspects of anatomy - introduction chapter
"Beautiful illustrations. Clinically orientated - lots of surface anatomy, lots of clinical cases, and well explained and annotated radiology cases as well! The excellent short chapter on imaging in the introduction is also very helpful and useful. This book is a really helpful resource for any medical student."
BMA Book Awards 2009 - judges comments
"I particularly like the diagrams, which are clearly labelled, not cluttered, and helpfully coloured...this textbook is great. It is well-tailored to students, providing the anatomy information that we need to know. It gets a big ‘thumbs up’"
- Medical Student, University of Oxford (review of previous edition)
"...explains anatomy in a way that is easy to understand, but also puts the text in a clinical context along the way.The Interactive Surface Anatomy is very useful and well made - a great example of how Student Consult can provide teaching tools that simplifies complex subjects in a way no book can."
- Medical Student, University of Copenhagen(review of previous edition)
"This second edition of the hugely popular Gray’s Anatomy is an indisputable reference tool for the detailed study of human anatomy; suitable, due to its clinical orientation, for both students and all health professionals. The authors come from a strong and diverse range of teaching and clinical backgrounds and have collaborated to update and revise this new edition in order to meet the demands of the modern anatomy course more effectively. Their concern is to make the information accessible, easy to master and, above all, reliable - and to produce an up-to-date book on anatomy that is simple, easy to understand and enjoyable to read."
ReeDOC, July 2011Back To Top