Pocketbook of Neurological Physiotherapy
POCKETBOOK OF NEUROLOGICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY is designed for working with people with neurological problems in any clinical setting. It is written by a team of expert contributors offering an international perspective on core concepts, irrespective of philosophical frameworks or health care systems.
Rapid access to essential information is contained in one concise volume, providing expert knowledge and advice at your fingertips. This pocketbook should be a valuable guide to evidence-based practice for student physiotherapists and their teachers, as well as qualified clinicians.
- Background Knowledge including common neurological conditions, neural plasticity, and common motor impairments and their impact on activity
- Clinical Decision Making including assessment and treatment of the acute patient before and during stabilisation; the acute patient with potential for recovery; and the patient with degenerative disease
- Respiratory, communication, cognitive and orthotic management
- Medical investigations and drug treatments
- A glossary of terms and abbreviations