Wall and Melzack's Textbook of Pain e-dition, 5th Edition
Text with Continually Updated Online Reference
Now available as a multimedia e-dition, the new 5th Edition of Wall and Melzack’s Textbook of Pain, has been completely updated under new editorial leadership, together with a host of international contributors.
This established masterwork provides the most complete coverage of pain currently available. Which means that in one single resource you can now access the latest clinical research, knowledge and practical expertise concerning the neurophysiology, psychology, and assessment of every type of pain syndrome seen in practice.
Wall & Melzack's presents a complete and contemporary portfolio of pharmacologic, surgical, electrostimulative, physiotherapeutic, and psychological management options. In addition, the e-dition offers you access to a dedicated website. Giving you a comprehensive resource that continues to evolve as medical developments occur. In this website all drug information is linked to Mosby's Drug Consult, all references are linked to PubMed, and all illustrations and tables can be downloaded into PowerPoint® slides for presentations.
- The most complete coverage of the physiology, psychology, assessment, and management of pain available
- International board of contributors consisting of the leading figures in pain medicine
- Latest edition ensures that this title is once again the most current, reliable, and complete core reference in the field
New to This Edition
- Features the expertise of two highly respected new editors — Stephen McMahon PhD and Martin Koltzenburg MD PhD — as well as many leading experts for a completely fresh look at the subject
- Uses a new format designed to present therapeutic options in an easy-to-review manner
- Provides increased coverage of anaesthetic techniques
- Incorporates the most recent pharmacologic developments involving drug categories such as anticonvulsants, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and cannabinoids
- Several new chapters, including ones focusing on addiction to pain medication, clinical trials, evidence-based medicine in pain, and an extended headache section (1 chapter in the 4th edition compared to 4 chapters in this edition)
- Provides a full range of new illustrations to provide a colourful and graphic representation of important concepts
- Accurately reflects all of the developments that have taken place in this rapidly moving field
Published Reviews"It goes without saying that Wall and Melzack's work is the preemptive text on pain...Required reading for all pain specialists."
— Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesia
"An indispensable resource...A masterpiece."
"The most comprehensive of any of the books dealing with pain."
— JAMABack To Top