Swanson's Family Medicine Review, 7th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Thoroughly revised and updated, the all-time best-selling, most complete family medicine board review guide continues to be the resource of choice for anyone preparing to take the American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) examination. This 6th edition features dozens of new cases and hundreds of new questions that assess your knowledge of the latest diagnostic methods, medications, and management techniques, two new authors, two entirely new sections, many new chapters, increased Category 1 CME credits, and more. It's simply the best way to keep absolutely up to date on all concepts relevant to primary care and family medicine practice. It’s also the only ABFM review text that mimics the actual format of the exam, making it the most effective review tool available for passing boards.Table of Contents
- Features 2,200 board-style questions—presented in the same format as they appear on the ABFM exam—with answers and rationales to help you prepare for and pass the exam.
- Uses a case-based organization that simulates clinical situations so you can correctly answer every question related to each case.
- Covers all 9 clinical key content areas tested by the ABFM to ensure your familiarity with the entire exam.
- Highlights diagnosis and treatment for specific disorders followed by questions that let you test your own decision-making skills.
- Presents an entire section on tips for mastering the board exam that includes specific techniques on how to approach the questions.
- Provides brief illustrated clinical vignettes that let you formulate a diagnosis and check your findings.
- Ensures accuracy through a rigorous review of the content.
- Presents a full-color dermatology insert containing the same types of illustrations found on the ABFM exam to prepare you for what you’ll see on real the test.
New to This Edition
- Features two new editors who provide fresh input on the questions and topics and ensure accuracy.
- Incorporates dozens of new cases and hundreds of new questions that assess your mastery of the latest diagnostic methods, medications, and management techniques.
- Includes revised sections: "Family, Community, and Population Health" and "Communications" that test you on the hottest issues in family medicine.
- Provides enhanced discussions throughout on over-the-counter medications, keeping you current on the latest in that arena.
- Allows you to earn up to 89 hours of AMA Category 1 Physician’s Recognition Award CME Credit.