Psychotherapy for the Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurse
Delivery can take up to ten days
|e-book - ePub|
This essential “how-to” resource provides you with practical psychiatric nursing techniques and interventions for every step of the treatment process — from initial patient contact to discharge. You’ll explore the basics of psychotherapy and psychopharmacology, as well as clinically useful approaches to psychodynamic, behavioral, cognitive, and self-psychology. This book also offers effective strategies to help you work with special patient populations, including children, adolescents, older adults, patients with a history of substance abuse, and those who have experienced trauma.
- A straightforward approach to psychotherapy using a holistic nursing framework.
- Step-by-step strategies for building productive nurse-patient relationships help you achieve improved patient outcomes.
- Detailed instructions teach you how to use the latest therapeutic communication techniques.
- In-depth discussions of different patient populations prepare you to work with individuals of all ages and backgrounds, as well as those with special circumstances such as the homeless and incarcerated.
- Comprehensive appendices provide quick access to helpful forms and diagnostic tools specific to psychotherapy nursing practice.