Cost Effective Diagnostic Imaging, 4th Edition
The Clinician's Guide
Delivery can take up to ten days
Written by radiologists but for clinicians, and meant for consultation in the “heat of battle” (the busy—sometimes hectic—clinical setting), this one-of-a-kind little book guides you through the most cost-effective and direct imaging route to a diagnosis. Unlike all other books by radiologists, it does not try to teach image interpretation. Rather, covering 65 common clinical problems, from GI bleed, to Pulmonary Embolus, to Myocardial Ischemia, to Stroke, The Clinicians’s Guide incorporates all available technologies—Multi-detector CT, MR, CT angiography, MR angiography, PET, and combined PET/CT— to help clinicians get the answers they need.Table of Contents
- Highlights the actual dollar cost of each imaging test or imaging-guided procedure! (Not available in any other text).
- Explains in clear, cogent language the step-by-step logic behind the imaging sequence for each problem, yet avoids maddening “flow charts”.
- Each problem-oriented chapter stands alone, for quick and concise guidance in choosing the appropriate test, obviating the need to flip back and forth when there is little time.
New to This Edition
- Incorporates the newest imaging modalities that have drastically changed the work-up for many clinical conditions.
- Covers the most controversial topics, like CT screening of the healthy population, the value of combined PET/CT scanners, and the place of “virtual” colonoscopy.
- Back To Top