Postsurgical Rehabilitation Guidelines for the Orthopedic Clinician
Delivery can take up to ten days
Designed to help therapists provide post-surgical rehabilitation based on best practices and evidence-based research, this comprehensive reference presents effective guidelines for post-surgical rehabilitation interventions. Its authoritative material is drawn from the most current literature in the field as well as contributions from expert orthopedists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers and physical therapists affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS). A DVD accompanies the book, featuring over 60 minutes of video that portrays rehabilitation of patients with a variety of disablements. Examples include hand therapy procedures, working with post-surgical patients with cerebral palsy, sports patient injuries, and pediatric procedures for disorders such as torticollis.Table of Contents
- Material represents the best practices of experts with the Hospital of Special Surgery, one of the best known and most respected orthopedic hospitals.
- Phases of treatment are defined in tables to clearly show goals, precautions, treatment strategies and criteria for surgery.
- Many of the treatment strategies are shown in videos on the accompanying DVD, enabling the user to watch the procedure that is discussed in the text.
- Information on pediatric and geriatric patients explores differing strategies for treating these populations.
- Treatments specific to sports injuries are presented, highlighting the different rehabilitation procedures available for athletes.
- An entire section on hand rehabilitation provides the latest information for hand specialists.
- Information on the latest treatment strategies for hip replacement presents complete information on one of the most common procedures.
- Easy-to-follow guidelines enable practitioners to look up a procedure and quickly see the recommended rehabilitation strategy.
- A troubleshooting section provides solutions for common problems that may occur following each phase of the rehabilitation process.
- Broad coverage addresses both traditional techniques as well as newer methods in a single resource.
- Clear photos and illustrations show how to correctly perform the techniques described in the book.