Guide to Clinical Practice
This book provides home health therapists with a portable reference guide, offering them the clinical information they need to serve their diverse patient populations. Divided into six sections it covers fundamentals, paediatric populations, adult populations, emergency situation and pharmacology. A special section of appendices includes necessary reference information such as a listing of suggested home care resources, etc. Most of the book is set out in a tabular format, along with checklists and sample forms, making it easy for the therapist to find exactly what they need.Table of Contents
- Describes over a hundred practical assessment tools and measures.
- Provides easy-to-retrieve and easy-to-access information in a convenient format.
- Includes forms and checklists that show the reader the tools needed in a home care environment.
- Includes documentation guidelines for appropriately filling out paperwork.
- Provides emergency procedures and protocols that can be accessed quickly in case of an emergency.
- Contains pharmacology information to give the therapist a quick reference guide to recognize side effects, drug interactions, and proper therapeutic medication level guidelines.
- Provides ICD-9 CM Common Therapy Diagnoses and HIM-11 Coverage of Services information regarding billing and insurance.
- Includes multidisciplinary tools helpful to physical therapists, occupational therapists and rehab nurses.