The American Journal of Medicine®
Official Publication of The Association of Professors of Medicine
The American Journal of Medicine - "The Green Journal" - publishes original clinical research of interest to physicians in internal medicine, both in academia and community-based practice. The American Journal of Medicine is the official journal of The Association of Professors of Medicine, a prestigious group comprised of chairs of departments of internal medicine at more than 125 medical schools across the country. Each issue carries useful reviews as well as seminal articles of immediate interest to the practicing physician, including peer-reviewed, original scientific studies that have direct clinical significance, and position papers on health care issues, medical education, and public policy. The journal's ISI factor - the international measure of cited manuscripts and scientific impact - is fourteenth in the world among all general medical journals.
The AJM publishes studies performed by multi-center groups
in the various disciplines of medicine, including clinical trials and cohort studies from large patient populations, specifically:
- Phase I, phase II, and phase III studies performed under the auspices of groups such as general clinical research centers, cooperative oncology groups, and the like.
- Reports of patients with common presentations or diseases, especially studies that delineate the natural history and therapy of important conditions.
- Reviews oriented to the practicing internist and diagnostic puzzles, complete with images from a variety of specialties.
- Careful physiological or pharmacological studies that explain normal function or the body's response to disease.
- Analytic reviews such as meta-analyses and decision analyses that use a formal structure to summarize an important field.
Related LinksAdvertisers Media Kit
Ed Board Conflict of Interest
The Association of Professors of MedicineBack To Top