Medical Education: Theory and Practice
|e-book - PDF|
|e-book - ePub|
Medical Education: Theory and Practice is a new text linking the theory and the practice for graduate students and educators who want to go beyond the basics. The scholarship of medical education is, above all, a ‘practice’, but one that has a strong theoretical foundation. Neither theory nor practice stand still, and both are grounded in research. The novelty of this book lies in its interweaving of practice, theory, innovation and research.
The book starts with a theorised, contemporary overview of the field. Next, it explores the theoretical foundations of medical education in depth. The remainder of the book reviews a whole a range of educational contexts, processes and outcomes.
This work has been edited by a distinguished, international team of medical educationalists and written by equally accomplished authors from across the globe representing a spectrum of disciplines.
This will be an invaluable text for all Masters Students in health professions education as well as PhD students and education researchers wanting a background to the discipline. Educators and medical students will also find it a very useful resource.Table of Contents
- Written by key figures in medical educational research combined with a strong editorial influence from the international editorial team.
- The text has a strong evidence-based approach that is fully cognisant of research methodology issues,
- The book provides a scholarly explanation on the topic, rather than aiming to say the last word.
- Written throughout in a clear and comprehensible style.
- The content is extensively referenced with additional suggestions for further reading.